Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finals = DEATH

Well, a week has gone by and relatively nothing has happened. I spent all weekend procrastinating for my Sorbonne final/"devoir sur table"/5-hr long abyss of torturous DEATH. Thankfully all that is done now, and I have "only" two finals left, neither of which I am too worried about: my film analysis exam tomorrow (eep), and a Paris museums final exam on Thursday. That class has honestly become one of my favorites of my entire Columbia undergraduate career. Probably a 2nd to Ross Hamilton's Making of the Modern Self, currently safe in 1st. Lit Hum semester 2 was pretty rad as well thanks to Lis Ladenson, so I'd keep that at no. 3. Then again, Drawing II was probably the most fun I've had in my life, and there was also Beginning Poetry, and then again the East Asian Texts Colloquium was also fantastic... gah! I have taken too many fantastic classes to choose! (Thanks, Columbia?)

At this time next week, I will be in lovely Chicagoland, nursing one awful case of jet lag and hopefully with a tummy full of bacon cheeseburger and fries. With a pop in hand. And Arrested Development on my computer (Hulu and Netflix, I have missed you so...)

I am however quite distraught to be leaving so soon. I'm currently in the midst of editing my "things I will miss about Paris" list (coming soon on a blog near you!). Trust me, it's long. Very long. Too long. I purposely got a flight out the 22nd rather than the 18th, when finals are over, to give myself a few days of lovely Parisian splendor sans school-related panic attacks. Also, STEPH IS COMING TO VISIT FROM CAMBRIDGE! So exciteeeddd. Who else to share Dali museums and creepy Oscar Wilde tombstones with? (Pere Lachaise pictures to come soon, promise!)

Is it that obvious that I've been procrastinating for studying by reading one-too-many webcomics? Am I really always this hyperactive? Perhaps it's all the earl grey tea? Well, I'll update again soon, after this whole finals craze is over and done with and I can do my final *sniff* Parisian things, like going on the ferris wheel at the Tuilieries.

Last bit of news: Monica and I bought leather jackets! We look so totally voyou (french for punk/thug/hoodlum). Like one graffiti artist named Miss Tic drew/stenciled: je suis la voyelle du mot voyou. Indeed, indeed. To answer the inevitable questions, yes it was expensive. Yes, I bargained. *sigh* Yes, and I Jew'd it up quite nicely, thanks for asking.



No comments: