Sunday, November 23, 2008

Museums and other nice things

Is it snowing in Paris?? Some people from the program say it is. I'm looking outside right now and just see rain. A lot of rain. Rain rain rain. Liars, all of them. Regardless the weather has been pretty nice compared to the States, so I am content.

Nothing extremely exciting to report. Went to the Musee d'Orsay on Wednesday with Melissa. It really is an incredible museum, although I was disappointed to find out that Manet's "Olympia" is currently touring the world.


I love the Musee d'Orsay. So pretty. It was originally a train station, which is pretty evident from the clock above and the architecture...


Thursday I went to the Musee de Quai Branly. Bizarre museum; I'm pretty sure I am ethically against it. It is a museum of "primitive" art, of the 4 non-European continents: Oceania, the Americas, Asia, and Africa. I am not kidding, the museum is literally titled "museum of 'first' art" (musee d'art premier), even though most of the artifacts displayed were made in the past century. I could go on an enormous rant about it, but unfortunately homework keeps me from many things these days.

Speaking of homework, I just finished an enormous 7-page Sorbonne paper on Saint Augustine's "Confessions." And here's my own Confession: this is the first time I wrote a paper on a subject without fully finishing the text. I've read Confessions before (freshman year Lit Hum, duh), but in French I reached the end of the 7th chapter (out of 13). Oh the shame!!! *hangs head*

Now: Homework
Tonight: Ratatat concert
Thursday: Thanksgiving
Friday: London
Saturday: Cambridge

No comments: