Sunday, September 28, 2008

Giverny

Done with practicum! Better class than expected. Relatively easy. I'll definitely miss Emmanuelle, my awesomely crazy and spunky teacher. 3-week intensive classes are weird. I usually build a more substantial relationship with my teachers. Alas, impossible with a 3-hr a day, 3 week course. Strange. I've never taken so short a course before.

In other news: celebrated my birthday at the Cafe des Deux Moulins, the real-life Amelie cafe! I had to, folks. I just had to. There are a few pictures of Amelie up on the walls, but it's not as memorabilia-crazy as Tom's Restaurant. I lived on the same block as Tom's in Manhattan last year, and it was always jam-packed, walls covered with signed Seinfeld posters. Big difference: food in Tom's is barely palatable, while the Cafe des Deux Moulins was deeelicious.

Yesterday: excursion to Giverny, locale of Monet's gardens. It was absolutely beautiful. Warm and sunny. If a camera could have artgasms, I think it might have had plenty.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy gorgeous gardens batman! that is a beautiful place of flowers. the colors!